Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

ok, it's official.........

Starting our 3rd and last IVF at the old place. I went there today for consult #2 for this and picked Dr S's brain some more. But as I was advised, I didn't pick it too much, I need most of the brain to be left intact for my IVF. :) He answered a lot of questions that I had and some that I didn't have. It all made sense while I was in there but I don't think I could repeat any of it now. I do have to go for more b/w, it is new stuff they require and he forgot to add it to the work up D and I had last month. But that's ok. I asked him to check my blood sugar too, it has been a few years and diabetes runs in the family and I have been very tired lately (thyroid was checked last time, it is fine) so I am getting that done too.

Here's the protocol:
Starting on cd3, 10 days of bcp, 3 days of nothing and then start stims and something else (that is used instead of Lupron and does not need a headstart but I forgot the name) for approx. 10 days, then hcg and well, you know the rest. AF is coming next week, so this should bring my retrieval to be right around Passover or maybe a bit before. All depends on AF and how I do on the stims.

WOW I feel weird doing this all again. Kind of anxious, excited, nervous..... the list can go on. This is different than any protocol that I have had before, so I feel good about it. Also, I am hoping my weightloss will help. D and I figured out, I am 30lbs less than the first IVF and 40lbs less than the second, so hopefully it will make some sort of difference. I guess we will see. My beta would probably be right after our 5th anniversary. How nice would a bfp be for an anniversary present? And if that is not the case, even though D says to wait, I think I will start getting info on adoption. So one way or another we will get our baby!!

Also, I am taking a 5 or 6 days vacation from work for this and I am so looking forward to it. We just came out of our busy season and I need it badly. They don't know about all this and since each day is so iffy after the retrieval, I'd rather just take the whole time off and relax. I will still have 3 vacation days that renew in September and 5 floating holidays that last until December and 6 sick days. So I am totally ok with time off. I can't wait!!

3 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 3:13 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Sounds like a good plan. Prayers all around. :)

 
At 3/09/2006 3:38 PM , Blogger S said...

yay! I hope that all goes well for #3-you rock!

 
At 3/09/2006 9:40 PM , Blogger ilyse said...

Thanks ladies!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home