Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

does this sound believable???

If you are reading this, please let me know what you think. My mom is selling her house and moving down to her condo in Florida. She put the house on the market (no realtor) last month. She has had ads in papers and online and a sign up in front of the house. She has had 2 weekends that she did an open house. That much is true. Well yesterday I left work early to go to Dr S. I told 2 people that I had to leave to go with my mom to the lawyer (they know my mom is selling the house. ) I didn't say why or anything. Does it sound believable to say that she got an offer and they went to contract yesterday? (As of mid-last week they had asked if she had any offers and I said no but some people were very interested. ) And that the week I will be taking off probably the 10th-14th, will be because she closed and I am helping her move?? I mean I guess it sounds ok, just that it is all happening so fast (supposedly) but I guess that can really happen, right?? Hopefully you guys will post some responses before I have to explain yesterday to anyone. Thanks in advance!!!!

5 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 6:22 AM , Blogger dawn said...

You could always just say that you went to the lawyer to discuss a possible contract and what your mom's options were. Leave it open you don't want to get too in detail especially if there isn't really an offer on the house b/c if you then have to go b/c there is an offer it is going to look weird.

 
At 3/09/2006 8:35 AM , Blogger ilyse said...

Thanks Dawn! I will not actually have to go when it is the real thing, even though I would have liked to. I feel really bad about it but I discussed it with my mom a few weeks ago and she is cool with everything and was not expecting me to to hold her hand through all this and knows that I can't do both (well I could if work didn't get in the way LOL). You made a good point though, thanks again!!!

 
At 3/09/2006 1:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

In your case, your story sounds very believable, as one can close on a house quickly. If you feel pushed perhaps you can tell your boss that you do have a medical condition that you are treating. Chances are they won't ask for details. I told my boss that I had a pre-diabetic condition called PCOS and they had to do blood and obtain tissue samples to determine how best to manage it. So, for now stick with the house story and if it looks like they are not believing your story or not sympathetic to it, just tell a choice few (esp. your boss) that you have a medical condition.

 
At 3/09/2006 3:11 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

It can take rather quick to go into contract. You make the offer, approve it- that can be one day....
Then they usually do an inspection.. that can be scheduled the next day or the day after...
Then the lawyers draw up a contract... I guess if you have fast lawyers it could be a day or two. Then you go in to sign them and bam you are in contract.
So technically on Friday lets say she got an offer.... you could be in contract by yesterday.

Back to life in ICU... :)

 
At 3/09/2006 9:39 PM , Blogger ilyse said...

Thanks for the advice Wendy, if it comes to that, maybe I will say that. Luckily I didn't have to explain anything today.

Jess, I was hoping you'd be around given your real estate knowledge but I knew today was a big day for you so I wasn't expecting it. Thanks so much for taking the time to give some feedback. I really appreciate it. Hope that all is well in icu!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home