Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

finally an update on stuff.....

Things are getting very exciting. More and more people are noticing, even the punk kid that waited on us in CompUSA. At work when people see me coming that don't even know me, they say "hi mommy." (Although I do get the occasionaly idiot who tells me that I don't look pregnant.) As I mentioned in my last pitiful post, we had a family wedding a few weekends ago. And we saw alot of people that we don't normally see. Everyone was so happy and excited for us. There was lots of belly touching going on then too, but I didn't mind. And we even got our first gift. My uncle gave us some money, he was in from Atlana for the wedding and wanted to do it in person. We were so touched. And we saw both sides of the family this past weekend and we both have cousins with small kids, so we got lots of offers for clothes and some other stuff we might need. This is all so wonderful. We have waited so long for this. I swear everytime one of these things happen I become a blubbering idiot and cry or get teary-eyed at the very least.

We went to the MFM last night and it was great! They have a new doctor training there. So in the sono we had the tech who was doing it, who is awesome, the doctor and the new doctor. Then the doctor left while the tech entered her info, and the new doctor came over and started doing his own sono to see what he wanted to see and then the doctor came in and saw what he wanted to see. So it was great, we got to see the babies for almost an hour. I can't get enough of them!! And we saw the spines, both are perfect!! It is just so amazing seeing everything they can see. We can't tell what a lot of stuff is but they were labeling things, so we could read it and then tell. They saw the brains, the heart chambers, the kidneys, etc. We are getting so spoiled, I hope that I can wait 2 weeks to go again. LOL They said that everything they could see looked good. The babies were doing well, no additional clots and the placenta looked good. It was really great to hear all of that. They both weigh 5oz. They were moving around a lot in there too. The only bad news, was our bloodwork that came back. They tested us for all different types of Thrombophilia (blood clotting disorders) that we have not been tested for in the past. I was tested for some at the RE but apparently there are many different types that some doctors are not even aware of or for whatever reason do not test for. So anyway, I came back positive for 6 types (MTHFR Gene Polymorphism, 4G/5G Gene Polymorphism, Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor type 1, Hyperfibrinogemia, Elevated Factor XII and Lupus Anticoagulant)and D has the first 3 of those too. We spoke with the doctor for a while about this. So that is the reason why I could not get pregnant, which is really annoying. We did not even ask about that, he offered that info on his own. But it is done now and if we ttc again, we will know for next time. And for now they feel the baby aspirin is sufficient enough to treat this since everything looks good with the placenta and the babies. If they feel that that changes they will put me on Heparin or Lovenox. Obviously he cannot guarantee but he feels that the babies do not have Thrombophilia. Since I am being treated and monitored, he feels everything will be ok, so we are not worried. The annoying thing about this too, is that it puts us at higher risk for heart disease. Oh well, at least we know now.

I am feeling almost too good. If I didn't have my belly, sometimes I would forget I was even pregnant. So I am trying to enjoy that while it lasts because I know it may not last long. The only thing that is getting to me right now is this heat. For those in the NE US, you know what I mean. I just can't wait to feel them moving around in there, then hopefully I won't have any doubt.

Ok, ok and what I know some people are waiting for, here are the sono pics and the new belly pic.

There are 2 pics of each baby, each one is a different angle.







Here is the last belly pic (12w3d) and then the new one (16w1d) so you can see there is not much of a difference at this point. At least I don't think so.


5 Comments:

At 8/01/2006 9:32 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Well I'm already up to date with all your happenings but I wanted to say I can DEFINITELY see a difference from the 2 belly pics. You are bigger and more rounder too. You look beautiful!

 
At 8/02/2006 11:35 AM , Blogger Tina / Anxious Changer said...

SOOOOO glad everything is okay with the babies. That is some "mouthful" with all of the genetic tests that came back! Glad you have been receiving treatment all along, even though you weren't aware of it. You give me hope for my situation, since we "share" a similar MTHFR mutation. ;)

You are DEFINITELY showing more! As Jessica said, you are rounder - you look great! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 8/02/2006 9:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! You have a beautiful preggy belly!

 
At 8/02/2006 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - I only saw the belly pics and didn't see the updated sonos at first! They took great sono pics! The babies look wonderful. I'm glad you are feeling good - you deserve to enjoy your pregnancy!!

 
At 8/06/2006 10:49 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Great pics of mommy and the babies!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home