Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

doctor appointments

So we went to the MFM last night. The babies are doing well and were moving around and all. No additional blood clots or anything in the placenta. It was a little frustrating for the tech because both babies were curled up and facing down so it was hard for her to get some of the measurements and for her to get nice pics for us. She did get one of them to turn around though. She tried to do a 3d sono and gave us the pics for one of them. It was pretty cool but again it was hard to see due to the position of the baby. The only think that is a little upsetting is that now I need to go on Lovenox and have an injection in the side of my stomach area every morning. They felt that the babies were a little on the small side, measuring below the 50% percentile. They are fine for now, it is more of a precaution for later on. This will help the placenta and in turn help the babies get what they need from it even more so especially when the placenta stops growing at 26 weeks. As you know, I will do whatever I have to do for my babies but at the same time I am not happy about this. There are also lots of rules that go along with this. I cannot have a hot shower 45 min before or after I take this, so now I will be taking my showers at night (which sucks). We must take it at the same time each day so since we are doing 6am during the week, we have to get up at that time on the weekends too. And once a month or so, I have to have my blood drawn at Quest exactly 4 hours after taking this. So I need to do that this Monday, so I will be late to work and when I go to Quest I have to get there early enough for them to be able to take me at a specific time. I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Tonight was the OB which was pretty uneventful. They took my blood pressure, I had to pee-in-a-cup, they weighed me, talked to me for a few minutes and did a sono. Everything was fine and baby A was still not cooperating when they did the sono but they got the heartbeats and that is the main thing when I go there since the MFM does such extensive sonos. The doctor himself was not there so I saw the nurse practicioner, which was ok with me since I just went to the MFM last night. And she told me that the top of my uterus was very high compared to singleton pregnancies at 18w4d. She said I was more like a person who was 26 weeks pregnant. She didn't measure me (they don't do it there) but I guess she could just tell from experience. So that was kind of interesting to hear. I mean I knew that I was looking big for how far along since there are 2 babies I am but I was surprised to hear that big. I think it is kind of cool, I want people to know I am pregnant when they see me coming and not just think I am fat (which in certain clothes is how I think I look.) Hehe

That's about it for now. I will try to post sono pics soon if D is able to scan any and make them look decent.

1 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 1:01 AM , Blogger Amy said...

Too funny on Baby A not cooperating - already the little diva, huh? ha,ha Sorry to hear about the shots. You and the babies are in our thoughts and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home