Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Monday, August 14, 2006

lots of stuff

There is so much going on that I don't know where to begin.

We registered at Babies R Us last weekend. It was very exciting. It was a little overwhelming but we could not believe that we are registering for our babies!!! I have been asked to make my list for my shower and will be handing it in soon. I can't believe that all this stuff is finally happening to us. We are so lucky and so blessed. It is still so unreal to us. It is a miracle. Oh and I know I shouldn't be looking but I did and it looks like a few things were purchased of our registry. How exciting. Hehe

Also last weekend I started cleaning out my office/computer room (which was a complete mess) so that the cats could have their stuff moved out of the guest (now babies') room and moved in to there. And I cleaned up the bedroom and reorganized so if I for some reason get put on bedrest (and keep the room in order) down the road and people visit me in there, I would not be mortified. So other than a papers that need to be gone through, I am done with my heavy work for getting ready for the babies. Everything else will be on D and father-in-law. He cleaned most of the stuff out of the babies' room this weekend. He threw out the bed (it was old) and cleaned out the closet in there. There is just a few things that need to go in the basement (that is running out of space) from there. Oh and we have selected a paint color too. Originally we were going to go with a blue to go with the bedding. But then I was thinking about it after many people suggested, what if we have 2 girls? And then decided that I did not want blue. So we are going with a pale mint green color that we picked. It will be nice. Again, I cannot believe that we are cleaning out and decorating a room for our babies!!

Not sure if I ever mentioned on here but I got promoted back in May the same week that I got my bfp. Well they finally found someone to replace me. She started training today. So work is hectic, no downtime. At least not right now, I will have a shadow for the next 2 weeks while training her. It will be worth it but it is just hard, no time for personal stuff, like emails or chatting with friends in the office. Oh well. In two weeks when I can begin training for my new role, I will appreciate it. Things went well today, she is a very fast learner. She just talks alot, but hey at least she is friendly.

My mom is finally leaving this Friday to go to Florida. I know this sounds harsh but I can't wait. I am sure that when I see her again in October, I will be happy to see her. But for right now she is just very irritating to everyone, even D and nothing usually gets to him.

Let's see, what else....

We are going back to the MFM tomorrow. I can't wait to see the babies again, it has been too long!!! I am spoiled that I get to see them so often but I don't know how people get through pregnancy after infertility without that. I give them so much credit. Even though things have been fine for the last month, I still get so nervous that there could be some kind of problem and get very anxious to see them especially when we are coming up on the next appointment. I try not to think negative, but sometimes I just still can't believe that we are finally expecting. I still have not felt them yet. I know that means nothing but I am just getting extremely impatient. LOL As you may have guessed, patience is not a strong suit of mine. LOL We also have an OB appointment on Wednesday so we will get to see the little ones 2 days in a row!

I just also want to say that I have not forgotten about friends in blogland/FF and in real life that are still going through the worst hell I have ever known, infertility. I could not have gotten where I am today without your support and friendship. We pray for you all the time and hope that you will be successful very soon. You are all such wonderful people and deserve to have your dreams come true just as much or even more so than the next guy. Sending all of you big (((((hugs)))))

1 Comments:

At 8/15/2006 7:44 PM , Blogger Dana said...

I am so overjoyed for you! It is so exciting to register for babies! Not that you asked but I'd highly recommend the Combi side by side stroller instead of a tandem, by the way. The babies are much more comfortable. I have the side by side and the single version because the triplet tandem was terrible. I road tested a lot of doubles before I bought it as well. Mostly, I just wanted to say YAY!!!
Oh, and I loved seeing the babies all the time, too. I had appointments every two weeks from the 3rd month until I delivered at 30 weeks. *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home