Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Friday, October 27, 2006

names for baby A's cord problems

First, I just want to say to everyone in blogland, thanks for all the support on this. The 2 "new" issues actually have names that I now know. The cord being not inserted into the placenta properly is called Valementous Cord Insertion and the vein crossing over the cervix, is called Vasa Previa. I am trying to get them to put me in the hospital for the duration. I went to the ob yesterday (my mother-in-law came too) and he spent a long time with us and convinced us both that it was not needed right now and gave me meds to prevent any contractions. (I also went to the hospital twice this week for steroid shots to help the development of the organs and lungs.) But since then, I am still second guessing everything. I have another peri appointment on Monday, so I am going to work on him and if he still says no. I am calling the ob and not letting up.

I feel ok physically except that I am tired and don't sleep well at all anymore. But emotionally, I am not doing so great. I am trying to hold it together for the babies' sake but it is not easy.

3 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 2:38 PM , Blogger Tina / Anxious Changer said...

I am glad you have a name for the conditions, although it certainly is not going to put your mind at ease.

I will continue to pray that the outcome is the best it can be for all of you...even if that means you have to be in the hospital for a while. Keep us posted...we are here for you.

 
At 10/27/2006 3:52 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through all of these emotions during your pregnancy. I know after going through infertility and the emotions that gave you, you just want a nice easy pregnancy with no complications. And it's even harder when you are worried about your child. I will pray that the Drs are doing the right thing for you and that if you need to be in the hospital, that you get there.
Anything to be sure these babies do well.
Many :hugs: to you and know I'm here if you ever want to vent, cry, or whatever. :)

 
At 10/27/2006 9:00 PM , Blogger Shelli said...

gah! how scary.

by the by, 25% percentile is nothing - it's great, in fact! I knew a few babies that were 10 or under in utero, and are now healthy, thriving babies!

thinking of you and sending MUCH MUCH love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home