Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

baby shower /new car

So my shower was this past Sunday. It was such a nice day. It was great to see and celebrate with most of our family and friends. And the place was nice, the food was really good and everyone was so generous with the gifts. And father-in-law (who is a professional baker) made me a beautiful, delicious cake. Below are pics and no it is not pink because we think we are having girls. We still don't know the genders, he made it pink for me. :) My mother-in-law crocheted 4 beautiful blankets for the babies and my 85 year old grandma knitted them adorable sweaters and matching hats. It is just so amazing how much preperation goes into a day like this and then just like that, it is over. We are so grateful and blessed for everything that everyone did for us and gave to us. We are very lucky to have such wonderful family and friends.





We also realized that with our two cars, we would need a bigger automobile. So we were able to do an even trade. We gave in my 2003 Honda Accord, that I will miss very much, for a 2002 Ford Explorer. We got such a good deal. It was spotless and runs great and had half as many miles on it as the Honda. You could really tell that the previous owners took excellent care of it. Here are some photos (It was raining when we picked up the car but D took pics anyway, you can tell from the pics. LOL) We are very excited to be getting all ready for the babies.




3 Comments:

At 10/19/2006 7:53 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Ilyse you look great as I mentioned. The shower was wonderful and you got a lot of stuff. The cake was awesome - your FIL is good!
YAY for the new car, looks great & roomy! I am sure you'll love it, I know I love mine!

 
At 10/20/2006 12:28 AM , Blogger Amy said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time at your baby shower. Yeah on the great presents and the knitted goodies (my mom knitted blankets for the boys too). Welcome to the Ford family! As a fellow Explorer driver (we have a 1995 Ford Explorer), it's a great car to have - lots of room for that double carriage!! You look wonderful in the pics!

 
At 10/20/2006 3:07 PM , Blogger Tina / Anxious Changer said...

So glad you had a great time at your shower! You look fantastic! Very glowing... :) Hope you got everything you need!

Yeah on the car! Hope it gives you the space you need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home