Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

good things

So I am on maternity leave now as of Monday, 9/25/06. That happened when I had my ob appointment on Thursday night, he was all for it but it was ultimately my decision. I am not necessarily on bed rest but they want me to rest and stay off my feet and put them up as much as possible. This makes more blood flow go to the babies and this will give them the most chance possible to take the oxygen and nutrients so they can grow big and strong. I felt really guilty on Friday when I had to break the news to work. And also just about the fact that money will be tight from now on. D was really great about everything and reassured me it is what is best for the babies.

We went to the MFM yesterday, and baby A's percentile went up. That was really nice and comforting to hear. I mean there is still concern but it is better than it has been and the doctor was happy. I had been keeping my feet up much more than before since the last appointment and it made me feel good that maybe it actually helped. And when I asked the doctor what I can do to help the babies get bigger (especially baby A) and hearing him say to "rest as much as I can" and that when I am active it takes away blood flow from the babies, it made me feel better about being on maternity leave now.

And what was also great, was baby A finally was not facing down and gave us a nice profile picture (pictures of both are below.)

Oh yeah and another great thing, we both felt one of them, I think it was baby A, kick when we were going to bed the other night. It was so amazing and I am glad that D got to share in that with me also. I thought I felt a kick one or two other times before that but that time we were both sure it was a baby. We can't wait to feel them again soon.


6 Comments:

At 9/26/2006 3:26 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

YAY On little baby kicks. That's what I miss most of all about pg. The pictures are great and I'm glad you are getting to relax. Enjoy it while you can!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9/27/2006 10:34 AM , Blogger Tina / Anxious Changer said...

Sooooo glad Baby A is improving! What beautiful pics! Will be praying all continues to go well...and you really begin to feel those babies move!

 
At 9/28/2006 11:48 AM , Blogger cat said...

Hi Babies ! *wave*

Happy Maternity Leave. May you be well and everything go well with the babies. *hugs*

 
At 10/01/2006 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to feel one of your little ones kicking! It really is the most amazing feeling. You're in my thoughts and I hope everything continues to go well with you and the babies.

 
At 10/04/2006 12:03 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Yeah on feeling the babies kick! Super yeah on baby A growing - lots of thoughts and prayers that they continue to grow and give mommy and daddy lots of kicks! I know being on bedrest is not fun (for two pregnancies I was dying! ha,ha), but try to rest as much as possible now because when they come, you won't be able to! :)
Hey, do you know what the sex of the babies are?

 
At 10/04/2006 8:39 PM , Blogger ilyse said...

Amy, No, we are going to be surprised! :)

Thanks everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home