Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

11 years with D

Today is 11 years since our first official date. We had a group date on New Years Eve but I didn't know it was a date, he asked me to hang out with a group of friends. I found out after the date when my friends were asking me how it went, that it was indeed a date. So then we had our first official date on 1/9/97. If you would have told me 11 years ago that this is where would be today I never would have believed it in a million years. Ironically you all know about our issues and this date would have also been my parents wedding anniversary (I think 42 years or something like that) if they had not been separated on their way to divorce when he passed away 21 years ago. So I guess let's see if we make it to 12 years. I have to say, the best thing to ever happen to me, my two little miracles came out of that 11 years, so even the worst of times during those years was well worth it to get my babies. And I would do it again in a minute.

2 Comments:

At 1/18/2008 9:09 AM , Blogger Tina / Anxious Changer said...

All I can say is relationships and marriages ebb and flow like the tide. Some days are better than others...some days are perfect and wonderful. Marriage is a lot of work - that needs to be shared by both partners. I know you are working hard at it...and I hope your DH will catch up soon. 11 years is a long time to know/love someone...and it would be a shame to see that go away because one side doesn't get it.

Thinking of you...

 
At 1/22/2008 3:04 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Wow thats certainly a long time. We're coming up on 10 years of dating in October, I told Andy 10 is a long enough "sentence"... so I should be done then right? hahaha ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home