Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

thinking about joining the other team

I just want to start off by saying that I do not mean to offend anyone and that obviously I can't do this because it doesn't work that way, you can't just decide to be on one side or the other, you just are or you're not. From what I am experiencing and hear about from my friends, most men seem to be really useless these days. They seem to be good for one thing, which in my case I already got but that can be purchased without needed the actual man. It seems the only way to get emotional support and love is from someone who can understand your needs the best, another woman. Like I said, I know I could never just say ok, I'm switching sides, it doesn't work that way. And well, the obvious, I'm attracted to guys. I just feel more and more alone each day. (He even made a comment yesterday asking what single moms do about something I asked him, guess he sees me as that too.) As I am not listened to with my requests or even just what I say. I have been asking for him the last person to go to bed at night, to open the twins' door at night before bed. I would but I go to bed too early and they would surely get woken up when he comes barreling up the stairs to bed. I feel this will help it to be less stuffy in their room (that happens no matter what we do) it happens in our room too, so we sleep with the door opened. So anyway, I have been asking for weeks, not once has he remembered. This is just an example, whatever I request mostly things to help the children (I know nothing would ever get done for me) go in one ear and out the other. And whenever I speak no matter what I say I am always asked to repeat it. I am tired of that. I was so disgusted this morning when I got to get the babies and saw that their door was once again shut tight, that I let him sleep in because I didn't want to see him or talk to him. I didn't do it to be nice, why should I when he never does for me. So many times lately I find myself wishing I was a man, that I could just do the fun things of parenting. But, #1 that is not me, I know I would still do what I am doing anyway and #2 being a mom is the best part, everyone knows it's the mommys that are more important. Hehe So the only other option for me to get my needs met would be the impossible to switch sides. Ok, gotta go tend to the little ones crawling around all over the place. Happy New year everyone!

1 Comments:

At 1/07/2008 1:10 PM , Blogger neko and the crocodile said...

Oh man sweets... sorry it's been so rough. That man of yours needs to get with the parents as partners program. It's a two person job no matter what sex you are or oriented to.

Maybe the new job will give you some time away, make that man of yours have to deal with the not so fun side of parenting for a little while.

Even though the job seems like more work, I hope it brings you some financial relief and maybe a little freedom in a way. *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home