Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

tomorrow is the big day...

Or I should say the first of quite a few big days. We are having my mom and D's parents and brother over for brunch. We are going to tell them our big news. I have bought Grandma, Grandma & Grandpa, Aunt (for my sister) and Uncle frames years ago and now we can finally give them out. D made the insert (posted below) that we put in the frames. I think it came out so cute and it looks good with the coloring for all the frames. I love it! I think they will all be so happy.



I am starting to get really excited to tell them. I mailed one to my sister (she lives out of state) and have it all worked out with her fiance, he is going to give her the package at a certain time that I picked when everyone is here and have her call me and open it while on the phone with me. It will be like she is here, joining in all the excitement. And no, I didn't tell her fiance what it was. LOL he was just really nice and willing to help.

I am a little nervous about telling them before our first sonogram (which is Monday btw) but I feel like it is a special day, and when will we have them all together again and especially with D's brother, he is not around much. And so far, I really feel like everything will be ok. Much better than last time anyway. Our betas were as follows:
5/06- 146
5/08- 249
5/10- 449
5/12- 960
Also, it is getting really hard to not tell my mom. I have been blowing her off all week and acting really busy. We both told our parents that we would find out on Tuesday to throw them off. I feel bad lying but it is for a good cause and once they find out, they won't care.

The other thing that makes me a little nervous is that they all have big mouths. I know this for a fact, when we were going through our infertility, I know they told people that were not told by me (I sent a mass email after the second failed IVF explaining what was going on with us to close family and friends and asked all parties not to discuss with anyone other than who was on the email.) And that just really hurt me that they did not respect my wishes. I know, it has been a long time and this time it will only be 7 more weeks that they will have to wait, hopefully they can do it. I am going to talk to all of them tomorrow, as it is really important to me (D is so good he is going along with what I want on the "telling" issue). I am going to tell them, they can not tell a soul, not D's aunt in Greece, not the cashier at the supermarket, no one. I know they will be happy and excited but they will just have to discuss it with us and amongst themselves for the next 7 weeks.

Well anyway, I will post all the details tomorrow night. At least I will try to, depends on how long they stay. After this, my mom may never leave. LOL

1 Comments:

At 5/14/2006 2:32 PM , Blogger dawn said...

What an exciting day to be able to tell your family this wonderful news. Congrats and let us know how it goes.

dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home