Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

YAY!!!!

I knew this was probably coming but I didn't know when, I got promoted today!!!! Someone 2 levels above me left last month and they promoted someone a level above me to take his position and they finally promoted me today to take her position. There was talk of creating a new position in the department (would still be a promotion for me) and having me take that one but it has not been approved and the need is there to fill this other position. I do not know the monetary details yet, but I will be getting an increase and a bonus. It will not be an hourly position, which means no overtime when we are busy but I won't be nagged to death about my hours (and have to have my time sheet signed each week like a 2 year old) and D and I can carpool to work (he needs to drop me off early and pick me up late) with no problems. AND until this change takes place, I got approved to work on extra projects and get the overtime so that D and I can carpool. Which will be such a huge help. AND I will be moving my desk and be more included in things AND I will have a buffer between me and my boss (someone else who is really nice (but has 3 kids)that I will be reporting to). AND the salaried positions have unlimited sick/personal days. They like you to limit it to 7 (what I have now) but god forbid, if it is needed, it is there. So now they need to hire someone to take my position and I have to train them and the other person getting promoted needs to train me. They expect all of this to be done and have us in our positions by the end of June. So everything seems to be falling into place. Now we just needs that last little piece of the puzzle.

3 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 6:44 AM , Blogger dawn said...

Congrats on the promotion!! That is such great news I am happy for you.

 
At 5/03/2006 7:38 AM , Blogger ilyse said...

Thanks Dawn!!

 
At 5/03/2006 4:29 PM , Blogger S said...

Congrats girl! You rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home