Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

egg retrieval

So yesterday was the egg retrieval. It was ok, I guess ok as it can be. There was one point while we were waiting where I started to feel sharp pains (not too bad though) but I was worried that I was ovulating. But apparently I didn't since they got 15 eggs. We get the call today with how many were mature and how many fertilized. Anyway, Dr Airhead was pretty good and the anesthesiologist and nurses were really nice and D was pretty good to me too. And I didn't get nauseous after like I did the first time, so like I said, it was as good as it could be. I was fine when we got home so I ate and slept on the couch for a few hours. At that point, all the meds wore off and I was mighty sore. I was expecting that. So I spent most of yesterday on the couch downstairs (the computer is upstairs), since it is closer to the bathroom, good tv and the kitchen. I am still pretty sore but I guess a little better. It hurts when I laugh, cough or have to go to the bathroom. I guess that puts pressure on the ovaries or something. So since I had 15 eggs they gave me the instructions they give to people for OHSS (I am not even close to that) but I thought it was good that they were being cautious and paying attention. I have to eat a high protein diet, which should be good for me WW-wise since I will be sitting on my ass most of the week. LOL And monitor my weight (which I do anyway), and my fluid intake and output. I can only drink 1.5 liters of water a day which will be hard for me, since I always drink alot of water. And I have to pee into this thing everytime, well I have been peeing into a cup and them pouring it into this thing to measure. But let me tell you, I think they want to make sure I am going enough and I definitely am. So I am sure that I will be fine as far as OHSS goes. I will probably do this until I go back to work (May 1)(the diet part is ok but the fluid intake is hard and the output is a pain in the ass) and then if everything is fine, I will stop. I will see how it goes. Oh btw, the nurse gave me all the stuff on her own just based on how many eggs I have, not the doctor. So I will talk to them about it too when I go back for the transfer.

Yesterday was our 5 year anniversary. We just did small gifts and we will probably go out to dinner to celebrate next weekend. D got me a beautiful silver necklace that had intertwining hearts like the infinity symbol. I love it! I was really trying to get him something that he was into, since he is very hard to buy for, I got him the first season DVDs of the Sopranos. I think he liked it. Oh well, I tried. And today is Greek Easter. I have a little goody bag of candy and a card for him when he gets up. He will go to the in-laws for a little while later for dinner and bring some stuff home for me. There are certain foods that we only have on Easter and I can't wait to have some!! My in-laws are awesome cooks.

I guess that is about it for now. I am headed downstairs to the couch. I must have pulled a muscle in my leg or something because it hurts a lot too (unrelated to IVF I think). I was so looking forward to after the retrieval because I knew that I could sit around for the week after if I wanted to (I took next week off from work). Last week I was really busy. I was trying to clean the house, get all the laundry and food shopping and stuff that I would have done this weekend all done before the retrieval. And I also had to squeeze in getting shots, getting up super early to go to the RE every morning before work and acupuncture after work. I am really tired and love this that I get to relax now. Ok, tata for now. I will post again after we get the phone call.

1 Comments:

At 4/23/2006 10:09 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Glad you arefeeling ok considering. And that was really sweet of dh to give you such a nice gift.
Rest up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home