Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

it's a freakin' miracle/ fun begins

This post has two titles because there are going to be 2 subjects. I hope this works, I am attempting to email this to my blog rather than just enter it normally. I guess I will try it and see.
 
Part one- It's a freakin miracle................
I ate like a pig this weekend, did not exercise due to the surgery (and because I was lazy!!) and still lost weight. The only way I think this may have happened is that the ton of water I drank compensated for it. I guess I shouldn't complain and should just watch what I eat and stay on track going forward, especially in the next few weeks. Anyway, I just wanted to share that because I was totally shocked. I am now at a 54.8 lb loss. I do feel really happy about that. The only thing that makes me sad is that there were only a few of us at WW today so she was going over our goal weights with us. I knew this in my head but I guess maybe I thought she would say something otherwise but she didn't. I would be happy and comfortable if I lose another 28 lbs but according to the BMI health and weight chart, I need to lose another 46 lbs to be considered normal and at goal. I know what you are thinking and that I don't look it but I really weigh alot for how I look, I am very solid. I needed to lose 100lbs and that really depresses me. I hope that I can put the next 46lbs on hold for 9 months but if not, I am really scared, I don't know if I can do it or will have to motivation to do it. I really hope that I will.  
 
Part two- Fun begins.................
I had my bloodwork and sonogram this morning. I got the go ahead to begin my shots tonight. I will be doing 150 whatever of Follistim and 1 powder (which is 75 whatever) of Menopuer. This is exciting but at the same time I feel very anxious and nervous about it. I guess after tonight when we get the first time for this round overwith, it will be better tomorrow. It has just been a long time since we have done this. I go back on Friday for more bloodwork and a sono. The weird thing this morning was that I have only been off the birth control pills since Saturday and I had about 8 follicles less than 10. I thought that was strange. I didn't recall ever having that many even small ones when not on the meds. Oh well, as long as it turns out ok when it is important, I guess that is all that matters.
 
Ok, I guess I should get back to work now. Tata for now.

3 Comments:

At 4/12/2006 8:40 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

LOL on the 2 title thing...

Yay on the weight loss. I would feel really proud of yourself and personally screw those charts, you don't need to lose that much more! geesh. I'm hoping you'll be gaining approx 30lbs in the next 9 months anyway. ;)

I know that the *fun* really didn't begin when you began all of this crap again but I'm praying it pays off in the end.

 
At 4/19/2006 4:31 PM , Blogger Shelli said...

Ilyse- you have lost 54 freaking pounds! HOLY CRAP GIRL.

You SO know how to do this. I am WAY proud of you.

YOU are inspiring to me. I have the same 100 to lose, but when I go down aobut 50 or 60 people htink it's enough - I UNDERSTAND.

Right now, I'm just trying to eat right to be a good example for Malka. We take multi-hour long walks daily, which is good excersice for me anyway.

Pre-cut cauliflower and carrots are FABOO for me to munch on when I'm home, bored and hungry.

 
At 4/23/2006 7:44 AM , Blogger ilyse said...

Thanks Jess and Shelli!! I know you guys can lose the weight you want to lose too, I know you can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home