Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Friday, April 07, 2006

surgery today

J & S, thanks so much for the positive thoughts and kind words. The surgery went well. It was actually a hysteroscopy polypectomy (he went in, looked around and removed the polyps) rather than a d & c. I think he though that he would not be able to find the polyp but he did see and remove that one and another, so the d & c (scraping of everything) was not needed. I was sore and slept for a while when we got home. I feel great now which I am really surprised about. I am a little sore but not bad at all, kind of just like having a period or something. Much less sore than having an egg retrieval, which is sort of what I was expecting. Dr S was so nice and answered all my questions before hand and everything and was very patient. I go in tomorrow for my follow up (and to stop the birth control pills) and then again on Tuesday to begin meds. He originally told me that I would go in on Tuesday for the follow up and begin the meds (and stop birth control pills) that day and when I questioned him yet again this morning, he told me that if I went for my follow up on Tuesday that I would not begin meds that day, which again would throw off the timing that I took off from work and delay things yet again. I almost cried at that point (I know it is stupid but it is very stressful to me) and he told me to he would call the office and to go in for my follow up tomorrow, so I though that was nice. When I called they were expecting my call and already had my appointment scheduled. D is taking good care of me for the few things I am asking for and I am sure he is enjoying being home today too. Anyway, I just wanted to give you the update.

2 Comments:

At 4/07/2006 11:23 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I'm so glad to hear it went better than expected and that Dr S was nice and able to help you out.
YAY for D taking good care of you, you deserve some extra tlc.

;)

 
At 4/09/2006 5:46 PM , Blogger dawn said...

Glad to hear that the procedure went well and was less evasive then what you had expected. Wishing you a happy and healthy recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home