Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

and then there were two......

So we had some light bleeding/spotting on Tuesday night after I got home from spending a few nice hours with a good friend of my who just got her bfp (yay for C). Anyway, so I had the bleeding around 10. I freaked out. I thought it was all over, that I was going to lose this baby. So I called the emergency line for the RE office and got to speak to Dr Sa. She mostly works out of the other office but I have met her a few times and she is really nice. So that was comforting to speak to an actual doctor. Of course she told me not to worry and that everything could still be fine and to go in first thing in the morning even though our appointment was not until Friday. So we went in and they took us right away. It was really nice. And the good sono tech was there and they told me that my doctor, Dr S., was the one to come in but he would not be in until much later. And when we got out of the sono, he was there. It was all so wonderful. The best thing was, when we had the sono, everything was fine and we saw 2 SACS and 2 HEARTBEATS. It was so amazing. I was crying like a baby. We could not believe it. Here is the sono pic.



Dr S. told me that I could still keep Friday's appointment if I was still spotting/bleeding and wanted to check things out. The last spotting I had was brown on Thursday morning but we kept the appointment anyway. The same good Sony tech was there so that made us happy. Everything was ok but it took him a minute to find the heartbeat for Baby B. It would not have bothered me that much but he saw it right away 2 days before. But then he found it and we also got to hear both heartbeats, Baby A was 114 bpm and Baby B was 113 bpm. They seemed to think that was fine for where I was at, 6w6d but to me it sounds kind of low. Although bitchface nurse practitioner told us to make sure we didn't tell anyone we were having twins. Hello??? That was not the best thing for her to say to us. D says she was being honest and realistic, I think she could have said something in a nice way and that she is just an asshole. Anyway, my friends, J & D tell me it is fine for this early on and not to worry also. So I am trying not too. And they are measuring ok, so that is good too I guess. Baby A was measuring 2 days ahead and Baby B was measuring 2 days behind but B was also 2 days beind on Wednesday and it still grew 2 days worth by Friday. We go back on Wednesday for another sono and we are suppose to be released from the RE that day too. So we just have to be cautiously optimistic here and pray for the best.

4 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 10:29 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

CONGRATULATIONS and those heartbeats are right on track for this early. So awesome that you got to actually hear them at this point!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5/27/2006 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't visited in a while, but it was absolutely INCREDIBLE to see your sono pics! I am so happy for you! I understand your concerns, but I think everything looks great and I did some research that also said the heartbeats are right on track for this point. Enjoy the holiday weekend and daydream about how you're going to decorate a nursery for two!

 
At 5/28/2006 5:50 PM , Blogger dawn said...

Just wanted to let you know that I was looking at our early u/s pics and the one at 6 weeks 3 days, Baby B's heartbeat was only 111bpm. I just wanted to offer you a little more reassureance.

 
At 5/30/2006 1:34 PM , Blogger Shelli said...

TWINS!

OY!

Mazal Tov!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home