Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Monday, June 05, 2006

1st ob appointment

The appointment was ok. It was a little bit of a disappointment though. It was not the official first prenatal appointment, it was the official pregnancy confirmation appointment, even though I went there armed with proof (my records and sonograms) I guess some people come in and think they are pregnant and they aren't so they do a POAS for them (they didn't for me though). So I went in, she took my bp and weighed me and they asked me my lmp, I told her it but also told her we just did IVF. So then I gave her the records and everything, she gave me my "goody bag" and some papers to read and sign and told me to undress from the waist down. Then the doctor came in talked to us for a minute and then examined me (checked my cervix and uterus size). Then he took my chart and records and I guess reviewed it while I got dressed. He came back and I asked a few questions and told him about my mom's many miscarriages and possible use of DES. He went over some stuff with us, like the surgery I had, the prenatal vitamins and progesterone I am on. And some blood work that I will need and some that are tests that he is recommending. I told him that I would not do an amnio or cvs (he didn't push it either, so I was glad) so he suggested the ultrascreen and the AFP tests, since they are both just bloodwork, I said ok. I asked him about the bleeding and he seemed to think it would probably stop by 12 weeks but could not guarantee. I got the same kind of answer as at the RE. I guess they see it alot. I guess if it happens where it is bad, I will just call otherwise I will try to stick it out. We will be going every 2 weeks to see him and getting sonograms every 2 weeks also (well at least for now on the sonograms is what he said). They are equipped to handle twins and unless they find a problem, I do not have to get sent to a mfm at this point. He also said he would know more when my bloodwork comes back. And that was pretty much it. He walked us out and we made our appointments for the 2 weeks, the 20th. So like I said, it was a little disappointing, I did have some more questions to ask that did not get answered, but supposedly I will get alot more question and answer time at the next appointment. I asked all that was important for me to know now, so I guess that was good. Everything else can wait the 2 weeks. Anyway, it was also very exciting to actually have this appointment, something that seemed like it would never happen. And I am looking forward to seeing my little ones again in 2 weeks.

1 Comments:

At 6/11/2006 10:50 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

That was pretty similar to my first OB appt. They just start things out the same way always. Sounds like he went over a lot considering though.
I know a lot has been going on since your 1st OB appt but I still wanted to post and say I'm glad you had your 1st one! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home