Double Trouble

We have received the greatest gift we could possibly get. Not one, but two children to love.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

today's ob appointment

Hi all, sorry to worry you guys (S&S). I will try not to do that again. Things have been uneventful lately and we had a busy weekend last weekend so I did not get to post on here or the boards. Anyway, here is the update.

I didn’t eat much this morning because I didn’t want too much of a weight gain on the scale, didn’t do much though, I gained 4 lbs. Oh well, I am chowing down now though. I am like a teenage boy, always hungry and always eating. Anyway, we saw them, they are measuring great and the HBs were really good. The only bad thing was the blood in the uterus got bigger. They don’t seem too concerned and still think the bleeding could stop soon but I suppose it will have to come out before it stops. Oh well. So they are both measuring good (10w0d, 3.3 cm and 10w2d, 3.6cm) and the HBs were good, 163 and 160. And we got to see A moving around. It was so cute. So everything else was good thank god. We talked about the ultra screen test (sono and b/w) that I will be having at my next appt. Not sure if I want it but too late now. And then they want me to think about the AFP (bloodwork) at 16-17 weeks. Those are tests he is recommending since I will be over 35 at birth and since I am having twins, and since I am not having an amnio. They won’t let me go past 38 weeks and I will probably be on bedrest (not sure how modified yet though) by October or November. I won’t get to deliver at the hospital I was hoping to unless they come before 30 weeks, so I am counting on not delivering there. I don’t know much about the other hospital but one woman in my group went there, she liked it there because it was less institutionalized. She used a doula though, I won’t be but I will ask her and my other friend whose dh is a nurse around here and if they have good things to say about it, then I think it will be ok. Otherwise that is pretty much it. I am excited because they are letting us go a few days short of 2 weeks for my next appointment, so it will be on Sat, Jul 1, right at 12w0d. And it will be right before we tell everyone. Well, I will be telling my coworkers the day before but for friends and family, it will be nice for us to have that reassurance.

I will have to post sono pics tomorrow night. D stayed home today and he likes to scan them at work. So I won't have them electronically until tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 6/21/2006 7:41 AM , Blogger LiL Moo & Mee said...

Pheewww was worried about you!! Am glad its all ok. Takecare ok.

 
At 6/21/2006 9:57 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

WOOOT! Glad all is going well!!!!!!!

 
At 6/22/2006 12:32 PM , Blogger S said...

Oh, good-I'm glad that everything is going well, and that there are no problems. Don't leave us hanging any more, dammit-I don't want to have to come out to the Island to find you (and I will, because I'm that crazy)!!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home